Calming Teenage Acne: How to Smooth Troubled Skin with a Holistic Approach... 7 Key Steps
To calm teenage acne the skin must be balanced both internally and externally. Getting back to nature from the inside out can rebalance the glands, keep the skin bacteria-free, and allow it to heal more quickly. The world's oldest home acne remedies rely on herbs, essential oils (yes, oils), and ancient relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation and soft martial arts. Teenagers can take control of their acne and create smoother, clearer skin through small yet powerful lifestyle changes. This holistic approach to solving teenage acne problems addresses the whole person, body, mind, and spirit. The 7 keys to smoothing troubled skin are:
1) Treating skin problems is an inside job. The skin is considered the third kidney, as it is another organ of elimination that the body uses to externalize oils and toxins not excreted otherwise. Acne can be affected by the food you eat. Although no foods have been proven to cause acne in all sufferers, some people have adverse reactions to nuts, fats, fried foods, milk products, fried and oily foods and chocolate. Experiment carefully and eliminate the offenders.
2) Clean up your act. Hygiene is really important. You can benefit from washing your face 2 or 3 times a day. If you wear make-up be sure to wash it off completely every night. Use a mild, unperfumed cleanser. Add one drop of juniper oil and one drop of lemon oil to about 1/4 cup of cleanser. Essential oils have antiseptic properties that help keep bacteria in check. Keep hands and hair clean as well and always try to keep hair off of face.
3) Do not get too clean. Avoid using soaps or cleansers that dry out the skin or cause redness. Although people with acne and oily skin have an aversion to applying moisture (oil) to the skin, any skin needs a little oil to protect and lubricate it. To try and remove all oil only starts a vicious circle, as the glands try to produce more to replace what has been lost. Avoid using alcohol as an astringent because it over dries the skin. Witch hazel solutions are more effective astringents.
4) Vitamin A, vitamin B-complex, vitamin E, and zinc are helpful for acne. Check with your doctor for the proper dosages. Too much can be dangerous. Some studies suggest that 135 mg. zinc is as effective as antibiotics (tetracycline) for treating acne.
5) Use an herbal treatment. Take tincture of myrrh, dilute it in a small bowl of water, and use a cotton ball or pad to wipe your face. Myrrh's antiseptic and astringent properties can both treat and prevent acne. Use daily. Another treatment involves steaming your face or putting a compress on it (for 10 minutes) with a special essential oil solution. To very hot water add 2 drops juniper oil, 2 drops bergamot oil and 2 drops lavender oil. Either cover head with a towel and steam face or place soaked cloth over face. Splash skin with cool water afterwards and apply a tiny bit of oil mixture.
6) Make a natural toner. You can use any natural toner without chemicals or perfume. Witch hazel mixed with equal parts of strong chamomile tea is excellent. Add to a pint of your toner 2 drops of juniper oil, 2 drops of bergamot oil and 2 drops of lemon oil. Use toner after cleansing face. The essential oils help rebalance the glands and protect the skin from bacteria.
7) Emotional turmoil can wreck havoc on the skin by disturbing digestive and endocrine functions. Acknowledge emotions without indulging them. Research has shown that people with acne have higher levels of anxiety and anger than others. Relaxation exercises may help lessen this tension and help develop an inner beauty as well. Consider yoga, meditation, or soft martial arts for a cosmic beauty beyond cosmetic beauty.
Treating Adult Onset Acne With Anti-aging Moisturizers
The development of anti-aging alpha hydroxy acid moisturizers is promising a new approach for adult onset female acne. To date thousands of women nationwide have successfully used the anti-aging acne treatment from Niora®, Alpha Clear®. Their experience with this moisturizing cleanser is compelling evidence that softening the skin and reducing wrinkles with alpha hydroxy acids can be an effective treatment for this persistent skin condition.
Teenage Acne Revisited
- A lot has been written about the causes of teenage acne and still there does not appear to be consensus on this topic. However, it is becoming clear that it is a problem that needs to be treated from the inside as well as on the outside It is therefore necessary for the teenager to find products that treat the condition both internally and externally,
Acne Program - Step 12 Change The Way You Think
Your thoughts have a lot to do with why you have acne. Most people will not even give this idea a single thought. You can get rid of acne without changing your way of thinking, but your thoughts will create some other illness that you might not see.
More Ways to Deal With Acne
The "cures" for acne vary dependant on the type and severity of acne. The truth is, there is currently no cure for acne, only treatments. Some people have success treating their acne with over the counter topical medications, and others require a combination of prescription oral and topical treatments. These medications treat the symptoms of acne (the inflammation) and help to prevent future breakouts but do not address the cause of acne.
Retin-A For Acne Scars
Retin-A for acne scars is one possibility for the problem. Reitn-A for acne scars helps with healing and cuts down on the formation of new pimples.
Zits - What Do I Need To Know About Them
Zits, or pimples, affect almost everyone at some stage of their life. Zits are yukky, unsightly, and usually a part of growing up.
Million of people suffer from acne breakouts young and old. If your doctor has you on topical or oral treatment and it is not working try other ways to cure the breakouts.
Natural Acne Treatments ? Helpful Remedies in Your Kitchen
These days we are exposed to so many harsh chemicals, and many people are beginning to wonder if the products that contain these substances are in fact as good for us as the advertising claims. Various skin conditions, such as acne, are increasingly recognized as symptoms of an imbalance in the way we live, leading many people to begin their search for a natural acne treatment that includes healthy eating and regular exercise. But for those of us whose skin requires a little further help ? are there any natural acne treatments available that can help us improve our skin?
About Acne, itsTypes & Symptoms
What is Acne?
How to Eliminate Your Acne and HAVE FUN at the Same Time!
Have you ever wondered why we have acne and even more on how we can get rid of acne? Like a lousy tenant, acne does not pay you rent, nor contribute anything beneficial to your life. It does however do the opposite by destroying your skin and worst of all, your self esteem and social life!
Acne Treatments that Work
Two of the best-known treatments for acne include phototherapy and the Zen Med Derma Cleanse System.
Acne is an annoying skin condition that affects people of every age, gender, and race. The scientific name for the condition is acne vulgaris because acne usually strikes in plainly visible locations such as the face, neck, chest and back. Acne is an age old problem that has likely been plaguing people for centuries. But there are numerous treatment methods available for this bothersome condition. Read on to learn more about acne, and what you can do to treat it.
Lasers - A Modern Cosmetic Treatment For Acne Blemishes
The best way to protect your skin from acne-related scarring is to take preventative measures early on. But it is often true that people who suffer from acne are unable to prevent future scarring sufficiently. In fact, it is estimated that more than 10 million Americans end up with scarring caused by acne.
Finding Acne Skin Care Products That Work For You
Each one of us is different, and nowhere is this more apparent than in the acne skin care products that work for each of us. Acne can be an upsetting condition, and finding a product that makes a real difference to the quality of our skin can be a slow process of trial and error. But while each of us will react differently to different acne skin care products, experiencing different levels of improvement in our skin, it can be heartening to hear of acne products that have worked for others. So if you are drowning in an overwhelming sea of different choices, here are some suggestions to get you started from some of the top acne products rated by real acne sufferers.
Do these Zits Mean Anything? An Acne Treatment That Uses Modern Science and Ancient Wisdom
In 2001, after comparing over 250 studies and 150 drugs, a team at Johns Hopkins Children's Center still has no clue as to how to successfully treat acne. With this lineup of intelligence failing to cure acne, how can any average Jane expect to free herself from a zit affliction? Simple; crack the code of your zits.
Acne and Skin Problem Myths Debunked
Isn't skin a wonderful thing to have?
How To Alleviate Your Acne Problem
Acne brings huge problems to teenagers. Teenagers who have acne feel isolated, ugly, and insecure. Who would not when everywhere you look, only clear skinned people are put on the pedestal.
All Natural Acne Treatments
At some point in your life you will probably suffer from acne. Almost everyone does. There has been a great deal of news about acne treatments recently with many claiming a combination of an acne prevention diet and some of the all natural acne treatments to be the answer. So you might want to try that route.
Ways To Avoid Acne
In many cases acne can be avoided. There are lots of ways to avoid acne. Ways to avoid acne include dietary changes, skin care and home treatments.
Eczema and Acne Herbs For a Powerful Footbath
In 1979, Maurice Messe'gue', the famous French herbalist, who practiced herbal footbaths for all kinds of ailments, wrote a book called "Health Secrets of Plants and Herbs." In this book he outlined his footbath treatment for Eczema.
Copyright © 2005 - 2017 ebookorama.com All Rights Reserved.
This website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.